Interview with Matty Fritts Dawg

Today we are interviewing esteemed artist, Matty Fritts Dawg. He is well known for his works on I Threw Up, and Zarek.

Q: Hello Matty, how are you doing today?
A: I'm swell.
Q: I was wondering what inspires your musical style.
A: I'm just trying whatever I wanna, whatever I feel like, whatever's different.
Q: Is there any reason your songs are somewhat short in length.
A: I don't feel like they have to be any longer. I fit enough content in the songs as they are.
Q: Can I get some personal specs?
A: Well, I was born on July 14th. Um, my childhood was alright. I really started playing music when I was like 8. It all started with the drums. I got some lessons from a friend of the family, ah I forgot his name. Anyways he gave me lessons. I already wanted to play percussion, or drums, but that just kick started it.
Q: Wow. Is it true that I Threw Up was based on a true story?
A: Yes, it was.
Q: What inspired you to make the rap themed album, Zarek.
A: Well, ya know, for the longest time, I really hated all forms of rap music. And, the whole purpose of the album was to humor the idea of my hatred.
Q: Do you think creating rap music made you appreciate the genre more?
A: I mean, in some ways yes, in other ways no. It took me a while, but I'm starting to grown on it. Otherwise, the repetitiveness of the music still bothers me greatly.
Q: Are there any particular artists that inspire you.
A: Hmm, I think I'm the only inspiration I need. There's nobody that really sums up to what I write. I'm not saying I'm the best, but there's nothing to really compare me to.
Q: If you could collaborate with anyone, who would it be?
A: Hmm. I don't know, if anyone wanted to I would gladly take the offer. Unless they're shit, then I wouldn't take the offer. It depends on what type of person they are. If they're the kind of person I'd want to spend time with, then sure I'd do a collab with them. But if they're a douchebag, then I don't want anything to do with them.
Q: Well that's all the time we've got. Thank you for your time MattyFritts.
A: Yes.

Comments